Friday, September 3, 2010

Excited

I’ve been running now for about 7 months and in that time, I guess I’ve competed in 11 races (some good, some bad, all tough). That hardly makes me experienced but I’m learning all the time and getting a bit faster as I progress. This Wednesday, I ran my fastest 5km race yet in a BHAA event in Togher. I crossed the line in a time of 18:23. I was stunned – I had no idea this time was in me (yet). The oddest thing of all was that I was in a place that made me feel in control throughout (which was a first I can assure you). It felt great, really great - I've been on a high since and I’m finding it difficult to think of anything else. I'm practically punching the pillow as I go to sleep visualising future races. I almost feel empowered by it, it’s coursing through my veins and I couldn’t hold back my enthusiasm... so I had to share it.

Most of all, it gives me hope that I can do this running lark... that's important, I've a feeling I'll need that in the coming months.

1 comment:

  1. That's a very impressive time for someone who has been running for only 7 months! A sub-3 marathon is yours if you keep that up, and more!

    ReplyDelete